Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cashmere- Keep Me Up (1984)

My ultimate goal for my future, growing up, was to get myself to a financial point where I had an outdoor pool and somewhere warm enough to enjoy it. Also, to be able to surround myself in furs and cashmere and silk and buttery leathers. Everywhere.
Those who can afford the true softness of someone other creature's trimmings are far classier and better than the rest of us, obviously, and I'm over here, 30 years old and still in cotton like I just crawled out of a dumpster or something. I don't have "fur money". The only fur I ever owned was a small vintage collar made of rabbit, or perhaps squirrel, and it gave me a rash, shed fur like crazy, and disintegrated in a single evening. The last strip of the collar shed off into the slushy street and was run over by a taxi. "That", I said to myself, "is why rich people always seem so happy".

No comments:

Post a Comment