Monday, January 30, 2012

TC Curtis- Should Have Known Better (1985)

Man, I'm the one that should've known better... The generic "crescent rolls" are never going to be as buttery soft and delightful as the Pillsbury ones. What was I thinking?

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sass- Much Too Much (1982)

Too much sass will lose you friends and get you slapped in the face.
On the contrary, just the right amount of sass will get you anywhere, baby.
It's true, you know.
I'm pretty sure that 84% of my lifetime successes have been due to sass, with the remaining 16% attributed to dispensing free medical advice, always having pot, and the fact that I can bake a cake that would make even the iciest of hearts melt into a pool on the ground.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sparkle- Handsome Man (Larry Levan Remix) (1979)

They say that a symmetrical, round face is considered the most handsome by nature...
On the very opposite end of that spectrum sits Jay Leno, all pointy and alone.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Womack & Womack- Teardrops (1988)

Linda Womack's jean jacket in this video is my #1 favorite jean jacket of all time.
I have spent 22 years coveting this particular jacket with no success in finding one of my own, and I basically live at the thrift store.
Tough break, kid, but like the movie 'Highlander': there can be only one.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cherrelle- I Didn't Mean To Turn You On (1984)

I always thought the dude that took Cherelle out should give the girl a break.
She was probably just trying to score some free drinks, a cheeseburger, and maybe a discount pass to the amusement park.
Come on, guy. Don't get it twisted... She wasn't trying to turn you on.