Sunday, October 30, 2011

Aleem ft Leroy Burgess- Love Shock (1987)


As a space-saving measure in my tiny childhood home, my parents placed the Apple IIE in my room. I, for some reason, took great honor with this. One afternoon, I decided to play a relaxing after school game of Oregon Trail. However, like all computers on the planet, this machine was prone to technical difficulties, which lead me to crawl under the desk to unplug it. Those 80's public service announcements were, unfortunately, true: children should not play with electricity. My tiny, eight-year-old hands received the shock of a lifetime, and as I was laying on the floor trying to regain some sort of consciousness, the only thought I could muster together was "I guess this means no more Apple IIE".

No comments:

Post a Comment